Sunday, November 22, 2009

Two more Trimming Cards for Hero Arts Challenge

I had just enough time to throw together 2 more cards out the scraps, trimmings and stamps on my workbench.
I found another oldie but goodie Hero Arts Christmas stamp from 1991. This is the Merry Christmas with Lights Garland D124. I've always loved to color in the lights and letters.


This next card is based on the Thank You card I made awhile back with black and white ribbon. Here I used poinsettias from the HA clear set Decorate Your Own stamped in Fired Brick Distress ink to bring in the color, along with the felt poinsettia.
 

Thought for the Day: In preparing my heart to celebrate Christmas, I like to start at the beginning, with God and His love for the people He created in His image. We were separated from God by our sin but His plan was to redeem us through Jesus Christ, His Son.
1 John 4:9-10 God showed how much He loved us by sending His one and only Son into the World so that we might have eternal life through Him.  This is real love- not that we loved God but that He loved us and sent His Son as a sacrifice to take away our sins.
Blessings to You!
Nancy

11 comments:

  1. Thank you Nancy for the lovely cards and reminder.Warm Regards,Cat

    ReplyDelete
  2. Fabulous cards, Nancy! Thank you for the reminder! Have a Happy Thanksgiving!

    ReplyDelete
  3. The first one is fun with real "trimmings" and the second one is amazing!!!!!! You have such a great range wtih your style! Hugs to you

    ReplyDelete
  4. Well Nancy! You have used the verse that I have prepared for today as my Pearl! Isn't that a happy Holy Spirit coincidence!! Amen sister!
    Your black/white and red card is very classy!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love them both, Nancy! So clever and creative!

    Hugs,
    Vanessa

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi Nancy,
    I just wanted to let you know that I featured your pretty Christmas ornament on my blog today for "Brag Monday"! Have a great day!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. LOVE both of your cards Nancy! The real ornament lights are so adorable! I'm sooo thrilled that you will have your son home for Thanksgiving, many hugs and blessings to you!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hi Nancy , love your cards and especially the little ornaments on your first card.

    ReplyDelete
  9. What a funny christmas stamp on the firs card! Lovely cards Nancy!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Love your cards! You have beautiful entries for the trimming challenge! Thanks for the verses, too!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Love both of them but the red and white and black is really striking! We start our advent next week and your words are a perfect fit.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for your comments, I love hearing from you!