Friday, December 11, 2009

Day 6 tag for 12 Tags of Christmas



Well this tag took some time. I loved the tag that Tim made, it has so much charm. I knew I wouldn't be able to make all 12 tags but this one I really wanted to try. The only problem, I didn't have a stamp for a vehicle. I found an itty bitty fuel truck stamp by River City Rubber Works at my LSS. I stamped it, scanned it and then resized it and reworked it into a stake bed truck. I also added the signs on the truck digitally. After I printed it I used an embossing pen to add some clear embossing and black embossing so it wouldn't look so computer generated. The tree is from an old Stampin'Up set. I used a page from Webster's Spelling and Grammar Usage for the background. I love that one of the example sentences reads, "Cheese and pickle is the only sandwich filling available."

I decided not to add snow to the tree because I live in Southern California and snow is just not part of my Christmas tree acquiring experience.
Okay, that's 2 tags done only 10 to go!

Thought for the Day: I want to thank you all for your support and encouragement. You really lifted my spirits. I am so thankful for friends and acquaintances who are so caring and compassionate to someone you've never met. I am also thanking God for how He used my situation to reach others who were experiencing the same anxiety and depression as me. Thank you for your prayers, they are surely being answered. Please know that I pray for you too!
2 Timothy 1:12 "I know whom I have believed and am persuaded that He is able to keep what I have committed to Him until that day!"

Christmas Blessings,
Nancy

22 comments:

  1. Oh, Nancy! LOOOOVE this!!!! You are such a good student!
    It is awesome....truly awesome! And it is perfection......

    ReplyDelete
  2. I really adore this tag! WOW! That truck with tree looks fab and the layering looks great, love this vintage feel!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Fantastic job Nancy...WOW you made it sooo much your own, all that digi stuff sounds confusing to me LOL!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love your truck looking so 3-D! AWESOME tag, Nancy!! I hope you are enjoying the Christmas season! Blessings to you!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love this tag - your truck is fabulous! Cheers!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Very Clever Nancy... Almost homemade digital.... I like the idea of scanning the stamped image and resizing. I've done it with a butterfly stamp - but not ambitious enough to digitally enhance the image... way to go!!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thank you, Nancy...for the inspirational creation. Amazing how you worked out that fabulous truck!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Your version of this tag is gorgeous! So clever to make the image fit your needs!! Have a wonderful weekend!

    Hugs,
    Vanessa

    ReplyDelete
  9. your tag looks great! at my first quick glace....i thought it was tim's tag!! i totally understand your tree w/ no snow version. although it has been quite frosty & nippy, we know we'll never actually see snow in the OC!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Love this! What a great idea to scan and resize- you are so clever!

    ReplyDelete
  11. How ingenious of you to "build" your own truck!
    No snow here in TX either but I just had to add it to my tag!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Thanks for visiting and following my blog. You have made a brilliant job of this tag. Tha amzing thing I loved was the way the tree is behind the 'fence' around the top of the truck, it looks so realistic!!!! Very impressed!x

    ReplyDelete
  13. Nancy all your tags are great! I love them! I should make a project like that next year inspired by you! TFS!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Just discovered your blog on my blog hopping journey and am so inspired, great take on Tims tag, laughed out loud at the snow comment, we take it for granted here in the uk but seldom get it around december, looking forward to seeing more of your gorgeous work now that I have found you XXX

    ReplyDelete
  15. Thankyou for your comments, you asked what DDA stands for - it is December Daily album, the concept is originally by Shimelle Laine and Ali Edwards who have both used this idea, the ladiesin one of my classes asked if I would do it as a class, hence all the prompts on my blog, thanks again for visiting - take good care and enjoy the festive season XXX

    ReplyDelete
  16. Nancy, ADORE this vintage tag. Just spectacular. I love those colors. Thinking of you. Happy Holidays!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Great detail on your truck, Nancy! Love your snow-free tree.

    ReplyDelete
  18. wow this is awesome Nan!!!!! Genius and did i tell u i love your festive blog?
    hugs,Kathy

    ReplyDelete
  19. Wowzer that tag turned out great! Love how you re-created TIm's tag.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for your comments, I love hearing from you!