Thursday, September 23, 2010

Challenge Day #4 ~ Starry Night

I want to express my thanks to Rachelle for taking on this week-long challenge with me. I've been having a lot of fun making Christmas cards using non-Christmas stamps. I've discovered that any stamp can be pressed into service to make a Christmas card when the design uses fun papers and colors to convey the holiday idea. I think it is so fun that Rachelle brought a totally different style to this challenge; her cards are so creative and fun.
For the 4th and 5th days of our Hero Arts Flickr "Paired Up" challenge, we decided to use the same stamp and work to get different looks from it. We settled on Starry Night, a personal favorite of mine.
This card is a variation on a card I've done previously, I just really like how it all works together:
This is a really easy technique but it has a lot of impact. First I clear embossed the sentiment, "Hope is born..." by Penny Black, on a white cs panel. Then I stamped Starry Night with Chipped Sapphire Distress Ink over the top and trimmed the panel to the image size. Then to bring out the design in the stamp I blended Stormy Sky Distress Ink over the stamped panel. When I was done I buffed the sentiment with a paper towel to remove any extra ink. For the background I stamped Hero Arts fabulous new Music Background with Versamark ink and embossed with silver on a white cardstock card base. The only embellishment is a thin silver cord tied to the stamped panel and a small crystal gem on the the large star.
Make sure to follow me over the Rachelle's blog HERE to see how she used this beautiful and versatile stamp.

 
Galatians 6:9 ~ "So let's not get tired of doing what is good. At just the right time we will reap a harvest of blessing if we don't give up."

bless you!
nancy

13 comments:

  1. so pretty and peaceful. love this, Nancy!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nancy... this is jaw dropping, drop dead gorgeous..... certainly has impact. I think I need that Starry night stamp!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wonderful Christmas card, Nancy! I love your combination of stamps and the colours are gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow, this is lovely - it looks so elegant and classy! Lovely verse today - TFS!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Beautiful! Great combination of stamps!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I LOVE this combination, Nancy! Absolutely beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  7. this is absollutely stunning! I'm so lucky to have such a talented partner.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Nancy, this is really beautiful! I love the sentiment stamped over the image! Gorgeous card!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Wow, this is stunning Nancy! Love your technique and how beautiful the card turned out!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Love those beautiful blues! Stunning Holiday card!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Exquisite card, Nancy! I love how you did the sentiment over the stary night!

    ReplyDelete
  12. WOW, Nancy thank you for describing the technique you used for this magnificent card. The sentiment is very endearing too.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Gorgeous! Love the background and the panel really pops.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for your comments, I love hearing from you!