Saturday, December 31, 2011

Cue the Highlight Reel....

As one who always loves to start fresh, I love nothing more than a fresh new year. Bringing out that new calendar, looking forward to new challenges and adventures (I do my best to overlook the aging process along the way).
A couple of bloggers that I like to follow did their 2011 round up of their favorite cards and they invited others to do the same. I thought it would be fun to join Kath and Lynnette and close the year with a mini retrospective of my own card designs that I'm pretty pleased with; Make sure to check out their blogs, you'll find some incredible inspiration.
I'm also sharing some of the highlights of the past year; got any guesses what my best highlight is? Be patient, we'll get there....



Here are my favorite cards of 2011:

January was all Hero Arts...made 2 of these for the Hero Hostess Blog Hop.





Hero Arts Blooming Heart (it was a winner), Graphic45 vintage and a little announcement with Lawn Fawn



 

Apparently I was feeling very girly in March, lots of flowers and fluff!




Another happy announcement with Lawn Fawn, Ben's 24th birthday 
and a good reminder with Unity Stamps for a Lily Pad Cards Card Chain Challenge.


Fun resist technique, chic Mimi and a special birthday card for my Mom-in-law





Water color class sample, fun with Penny Black, 
and 70s inspired Father's Day card for my honey, he drove an orange bug with blue denim upholstery.


A bit of sunshine, my Inspired by Jill card and a Tickled Pink image for Lily Pad Cards.





Channeling some more sunshine; kid approved birthday card, colorful Lawn Fawn bicycle 
and a special card for a special friend.





I created an indoor scene and a couple of mini inchie cards for a class.



More Lawn Fawn to celebrate my in-laws 61st anniversary, 
and 2 different looks with the Hero Arts Large Solid Flower. 





Lawn Fawn Thanksgiving and a winning Hero Arts wooden tag!





Two of my favorite Christmas cards and a special ornament tag.





I had a few crafty highlights this year:

I had a blast at CHA last January, meeting with talented friends and helping out in the Lawn Fawn booth. The best was meeting Pia and Sanne who traveled all the way from Denmark. Linda and I had a wonderful time getting to know these lovely women. We laughed a lot too, they know how to have a good time!



I love teaching classes at Stamp Fever! I've met the most wonderful friends and it keeps me on my toes creatively too!




Ivy (ishouldbesleepingbut...) and I had a wonderful time crafting with Kelly Marie Alvarez, Mrs. Lawn Fawn herself, as we made samples for store displays. That is the spectacular card design by Vicky; you can find the video for this card HERE. The photo on the bottom right side shows all the storks and bundles I stamped, colored and cut out. Fussy cutting extravaganza!

And of course I can't forget all the fun and creativity, not to mention crafty friendship with the talented ladies at Lily Pad Cards. I'm still hoping to meet them all in person some day, that will be one fabulous photo-op! So far the only one I've met (Pia), lives the furthest away.
Please stop by and visit them: Lin, Deborah, Vicky, Pia, Latrice and Kathy.



And now we've reached my number ONE highlight of 2011.....


His eyes really are that blue!

Thanks for sticking with me on this long post. I thought I would leave you with some of my favorite inspiration from the past year. I found myself spending lots of time enjoying the beautiful work of these talented card makers:

Franziska: I love everything she makes but her village scenes are really special! Her Flicker and blog.

Jacqueline: She inspires my faith and my creativity! Her Flickr and blog

Anette: Her work is always interesting and always gorgeous! Her Flickr and blog.

~I'm considering some changes here in my little corner of the blog world; working on some ideas. 
Please bear with me if my blogging becomes a bit spotty. ~


I'm sending love and blessings to all my blogging buddies, praying that 2012 will be good to you all! 
No matter what happens, know that God is good and He longs to share His love with us!

blessings,
nancy











26 comments:

  1. Fabulous work! I love specialy the cards from March and July!!!
    Happy New Year!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gorgeous and Wonderful year in review! I loved seeing it month by month! A very blessed, healthy and happy 2012 for you and your family!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Nancy, I want to say first of all that I've enjoyed your blog for at least the past year. I get your blog in my google reader (that way I never miss a post) but i cant leave comments from there so that's why you haven't heard from me before but believe me, Im here reading daily. I would like to say that I mis your daily scriptures and I wish you would consider bringing them back. I found it refeshing and the scriptures you chose often spoke to my needs. thank you for all you do and I do enjoy your blog. Hugs, amy k come see me at cardsbyamyk.blogspot.com if you would like.

    ReplyDelete
  4. what a fun year...thanks for sharing...

    Happy New Year to you and your family..

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wonderful post, my friend, and a great way to end the year!

    I so echo your wish that someday we may meet!

    Happy New Year!

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a perfect way to end the year, Nancy - I love this post! Your cards always make me smile! You've had a very blessed year, and I'm wishing more of the same in 2012! Love and hugs to you! :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Amazing post, Nancy! So many beautiful cards.. your work is always so inspiring. :) Many more blessings to you and yours in 2012! (I'm sorry if this is a duplicate comment...)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Loved and enjoyed everyone of your highlight Nancy. Really seems like a blessed year for you. Hope 2012 brings you even more joy! Huge hugs from Boston!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Beautiful samples of each month's of card-making! Wish you and family all the best in 2012! Blessings to you!

    ReplyDelete
  10. What a superb post Nancy. Love all your cards and the photo of Uriah is so special. What a year!!!! 2012 will be even better as you watch Uriah grow. Blessing my friend.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Thank you for the "year in review". And thank you for the inspiration all year long. Thank you for the encouragement and your faithful commenting on my work!! May you and yours have a blessed 2012. That grandbaby is precious! Those eyes are amazing. Hugs, Judy

    ReplyDelete
  12. I love all your highlights Nancy! All of your cards are so great! And your grandson is soooo adorable! :) Wishing you many blessings in 2012!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Loved your year in review post, Nancy! So many beautiful cards and that just scratches the surface of your talent! Loved the photo of your precious grandbaby too!! Happy New Year!

    ReplyDelete
  14. wow nancy thanks for sharing your gorgeous favourite cards from 2011...your grandbaby is so adorable...wishing you and your family a very happy 2012...hugs kath xxx

    ReplyDelete
  15. Wonderful selection of cards from 2011 Nancy! All of them are fantastic. Thank you for the inspiration through the year! Happy New Year!!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Hi Nancy

    what a fabulous post, I have loved looking through your year in cards and also the great photos of your special events. I so wished that I lived in the US and could meet up with fellow stampers what fun we would have.

    Thanks for all your inspiration this year and thanks for sharing the photo of your beautiful Grandson!!
    Hugs
    Sally

    ReplyDelete
  17. Nancy, I have enjoyed looking through your work this year and seen that you chose three different styles in each post - one of them is very close to my heart.. which has to be the flowers and the butterflies :)
    You do such gorgeous work!!
    I am so happy to have inspired you - thank you for that honor of mentioning it.
    God bless your New Year!

    ReplyDelete
  18. OH Nancy, these are just amazing! Love your year in review, just wonderful projects you've created. And your grandchild is gorgeous, those eyes would melt any heart. What a blessing.

    ReplyDelete
  19. Wow, what a year, Nancy! I sure have enjoying sharing your little piece of the internet. Always a sweet word, a sweet inspiration and lots of joy. Wishing you a wonderful 2012! Hugs.

    ReplyDelete
  20. Wow your cards are stunning to say the least Nancy. You sure have been inspirational in our group this year but in the crafing world in general. I am so happy to see all that God has blessed you with this year and your praise to Him is ever present. Knowing that His love will continue to bless you and inspire you has you continue to touch the lives of others as you happily create and challenge those around you. Hugs.

    ReplyDelete
  21. Wonderful Highlight post!! Great cards and your little man is Darling! Thank you for your continued inspiration both creatively and spiritualy! Hugs!

    ReplyDelete
  22. Beautiful collection of cards Nancy! You had a great, creative 2011!! Happy New Year!

    ReplyDelete
  23. Oh Nancy you are so blessed with talent and kindness! What an amazing lady you are!!! Love each and everyone of your cards but the No1 really made 2011 an amazing year for you! Best wishes and a happy new year!

    ReplyDelete
  24. You are AMAZING! Your year in cards is so gorgeous, and we are so honored that LF was in there! I just love the CHA and card making photos! 2011 was such a great year, and 2012 will be even better! I can't wait for CHA!

    ReplyDelete
  25. What a fun look back at your year! Hope 2012 brings you much happiness and new, productive goafora head for you!

    ReplyDelete
  26. Whoops! I'm typing on this tiny keyboard, I meant the word ' new and productive goals ahead for you'!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for your comments, I love hearing from you!