Sunday, October 21, 2012

Day One of "And a Partridge" Inspiration

Hi all, I can't believe it's been a week since my last post, where did this week go? I had 2 busy days of working with my favorite purveyors of stamping goodness and I have no idea what I did with the rest of the week. But yesterday was very productive, yay me!

Linda at Stamp Fever asked me to make a sample card using Lawn Fawn's new Christmas set "And a Partridge".  I wound up making 6 plus a tag and I will be using 3 of the designs in a class I'll be teaching on November 10.

I will share a card a day this week and hopefully you will be inspired to play with this fun little stamp set.
Here goes with Card #1:


Just a simple tag design with nothing fancier than a paper-pieced red bird. Lawn Fawn Fa La La 6x6 papers and some coordinating ink colors (Evergreen Bough and Festive Berries Distress ink) make the pear tree pop. I used my favorite Hero Arts background stamp- Newspaper Background stamped with Soft Pool ink to add some color and pattern to the white tag. Later in the week I'll share a variation of this card that I will be using for my class. Please use the handy links below to add these items to your cart at Simon Says Stamp




I believe in Christianity as I believe that the sun has risen: 
not only because I see it, but because by it I see everything else. 
C.S. Lewis


blessings,
nancy

7 comments:

  1. Oh, goodie - an inspirational week from you! Love this pretty card, Nanc! The colors are wonderful! Looking forward to more! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love that quote Nancy, TFS!
    I also love your beautiful card!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Darling card, Nancy! Now I wonder if they're doing the entire 12 days :) Hope so!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love the card! Great design with the tag!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Looking forward to see the rest Nancy. This one is beautiful. Such beautiful papers.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh I love that image and it is matched with the most beautiful papers!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Another sweet card using that iconic Christmas image! Love that CS Lewis quote by the way!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for your comments, I love hearing from you!