Wednesday, November 28, 2012

Advent Calendar

I am so behind with everything right now; I really need to clean my house and do some laundry and get some groceries and make Christmas gifts and....so I think I'll do a blog post!

I was a bit sidelined with virus that kept me home alone on Thanksgiving, sent the hubby off to visit our families. I spent a lovely day watching movies and napping.

Then I got to work on a special project over at Lawn Fawn HQ. If you haven't seen the latest People magazine, check out THIS Lawn Fawn post.  We designed a fun little Stampers Starter Kit based on the featured stamp set Critters Ever After. It would make a great gift for anyone who would like to try our little hobby on for size. It comes complete with the stamp set, acrylic blocks, inks, adhesives, pens, Stickles and all the card stock and patterned paper to make the 5 card/tag projects. There is also a sheet of directions.

I did manage to squeeze in a little project of my own last weekend. I've always wanted to make one of these advent calendar boxes and I bought 2 of them way back in August at Stamp Fever. I got this one done just in time to give to my son and DIL this week.  The box measures 8 x 8.5 so it's perfect when space is at a premium.



I used lots of papers from my Christmas supply stash, did some stamping and coloring, used up some hoarded stickers and other embellies. My adhesive of choice for sticking all this goodness on the box was Claudine Helmuth's Matte Multi Medium, it was perfect for laying down the paper layers smoothly.

I even decorated the back of the 8x8 box with some images trimmed from Graphic 45 papers. The ornament is a new Penny Black stamp that fits perfectly with the Spellbinders Heirloom Ornament dies. 
I always include the date on Christmas decorations, I think it adds to the charm and enhances the memories when unpacking stored decorations each year.

Here's a couple of close-ups of the boxes:


The number stickers are included with the box.




Other supplies include: Graphic 45 Christmas Past 8x8 papers; Cosmo Cricket 12x12 paper; Webster's Pages Waiting for Santa Collection Kit, various punches, rub-ons and gems. I used Glossy Accents to anchor the gems and twine so they will last for a few holidays.


And since the weather has finally taken a chilly turn here I'll leave you with a photo of Tia sporting her new winter finery.


blessings my friends,
nancy



photos were edited using PicMonkey!

10 comments:

  1. Wow, what a fabulous and festive project Nancy! I'm sure your son and DIL will treasure it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Look at all the crafty goodness! Love your advent calendar, Nancy! It's going to be treasured for years to come! Blessings to you!

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a fantastic project! Hope you are feeling better.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm sorry you had to miss Thanksgiving, Nanc, but it sounds like you were at least able to rest. Hope you are feeling much better now! LOVE your fabulous advent calendar box! What a special gift for your son and DIL! You've added so many beautiful details - I'll bet they love it!

    I have to tell you - I feel better knowing there are others out there blogging instead of cleaning and doing laundry - I don't feel quite as guilty now - thank you! :) Hugs!

    ReplyDelete
  5. So sorry to hear you were under the weather, but look at this masterpiece that you did, Nancy - I know they will treasure it! WOW!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thats a shame that you had to miss Thanksgiving with the family but I'm glad to hear that you are feeling better! You project is fantastic. Your son and DIL will be so pleased!

    ReplyDelete
  7. love your christmas make Nancy...something for your family to treasure..sorry to hear you've been under the weather...sending hugs kath xxx

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hope you are feeling better Nancy. What a stunning project. It is incredible. And Tia looks so cute in your spotty jumper.

    ReplyDelete
  9. So glad you posted, rather than house-cleaned! What a great post, full of so many delights. Love your advent calendar - what a labor of love and a special heirloom-to-be, for sure. Sorry to hear you were ill, but glad you are back on your feet and happily crafting again.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Wow fabulous Advent calender Nancy and doesn't Tia look sweet in that fun sweater.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for your comments, I love hearing from you!