Sunday, August 11, 2013

Mixing some old and some new...

I keep bits and pieces of stamped papers that didn't make the cut the first time around in a basket by my work area. Every now and then one of these pieces sparks my creativity and it gets used, finally!

This birthday card uses the WPlus9 Fresh Cut Florals stamps and dies. I got them a while ago but I just didn't have time to play. I have been so impressed with all the gorgeous cards using this set especially THIS beauty by my friend Barb! Her flowers are so perfectly arranged, it's almost like she arranges flowers for a living!

Well, when I combined this fun set of stamps with some bright ink colors, cute pieces from Elle's Studio, a Studio Calico wood veneer butterfly and my old pre-stamped background this is what happened:

The background is stamped with Hero Arts Dot cling and Newspaper Background. I also used the brand new Lawn Fawn Woodgrain Backdrops stamp. The cardbase is from a Hero Arts Blush Designer Papers pack. The scalloped circle is a Lawn Cuts die cut from a MME On the Bright Side blue polka dot paper. The inks are all Hero Arts Soft Shadow and Mid-tone Shadow inks.

The inside sentiment is from Simon Says Stamp Happy Sentiments.

I'm thinking I need Barb to give me a lesson in flower arranging!

I just loved playing with these pretty stamps!

Thanks for visiting!
blessings,
nancy




11 comments:

  1. Hi nancy, thanks for your kind comments on my blog. It was so nice to meet you at CHA and I enjoyed every day's make & takes at the Lawn Fawn booth. It was so fun!!! You are so creative. I hv since got some sequins for the upcoming cards to make. Love this crad you hv posted, too- whoo hoo!!! I will visit again! My very best, Patti

    ReplyDelete
  2. So gorgeous!! I love the pretty stamps, too! :) Love your new blog look! FABULOUS job, Nancy!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love this bright and cheerful floral arrangement ...

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is beautiful, Nancy! I have this set on order and I hope I can make mine look as amazing as yours! :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. First of all, your blog header looks adorable - love it! And thanks so much for the mention, my friend! Your card is gorgeous! Love how you added that sweet butterfly, and the one flower on the inside makes it even more special! Sending hugs! :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. beautiful Nancy. The more I see of this set the more I want it... but alas, I can get these stamps here in NZ and postage is prohibitive for purchasing on-line. I'll just have to look longingly at your beautiful arrangement!!!! Love how you've added the one flower inside too.

    ReplyDelete
  7. PS Nancy... went and ordered this online just now and it's only and extra $10US for shipping so bit the bullet and bought it!!!! Thank you and Barb for being such enablers!

    ReplyDelete
  8. ohhh, that's like stamping candy! so fun!

    ReplyDelete
  9. What a great look you've adopted, Nancy! What a fun new header. Love this beautiful arrangement and your nod to Barb, too. This is just heartwarming. I had hoped I might be able to catch up with you when we in Laguna for the Pageant of the Masters, but were were with my elderly Aunt and Uncle and only there 2 days. Next time, for sure!

    ReplyDelete
  10. This card is fabulous, I looove this stamp set I'm seeing all ever the internet. When I turn on my computer I will repin this card.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for your comments, I love hearing from you!