Friday, May 29, 2015

I've Embraced the Planner Craze!

I'm living proof that you really can teach an old dog new tricks! I've resisted using a planner for the whole of my adult life, preferring to fly by the seat of my pants. That was easy when the brain was young and had lots of room to remember important stuff.  Now I'm using up way too much real estate for unnecessary information that's only useful for playing Trivial Pursuit. A planner is the perfect solution.

Lately I've taken on some additional duties for the kind folks at Lawn Fawn and I found it imperative to be very organized. I started by ordering the new planner from PTI. There were a lot of things I loved about this planner but in the end I just didn't need all the daily pages and I didn't love the large binder coil so I gifted it to my daughter-in-love. It was then I found the Daily Planner from Plum Paper. I love this planner! It has everything I need and nothing I don't! Yay!

plum paper planner.1
This planner is so pretty; it really makes me happy! And it keeps me on track!

plum paper planner 3
I love that there is plenty of room for writing all the information I need in the weekly sections.

plum paper planner 2
I keep pretty Webster's Pages stickers in the back pocket along with pretty paper clips.

Color Crush teal stripe binder.1
I wanted something smaller that I could take with me to use for journaling, Bible Study notes, prayer requests, ideas, scheduling appointments etc. This little beauty is the perfect answer! It's the Webster's Pages Color Crush binder.

calendar page 1 calendar page 3
I created my own calendar pages when I was frustrated that I couldn't find exactly what I was looking for. I created a template in Excel and sized it to fit my binder. The pages are blank so I can stamp the month and year (with Lawn Fawn's Clark's ABCs) and fill in the dates by hand.

calendar page 4
I used a PTI die to create the monthly calendar tabs. The months are stamped with Lawn Fawn's Say Cheese, Too stamp set. (Unfortunately this set is no longer available)

binder 1
I just ordered the binder and Count Your Blessings Divider Kit Set and I filled each section with lined paper for jotting notes, ideas, prayers, lists...whatever is in my head that I don't want to forget.

planner and binder 3
I love how well my planner and binder coordinate; they look really pretty sitting on my desk!

I haven't totally embraced all the embellishing of everything but you never know, I didn't think I'd ever become a planner nerd!

I will start sharing some of the cards I've been making with the new Lawn Fawn release tomorrow!

Thanks for visiting!
blessings,
nancy


1 comment:

  1. Love this Nancy! I have recently started journaling myself as I am having difficulty remembering things. I will have to check this out :-)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for your comments, I love hearing from you!